|A front door is a great place to |
use color in order to complement
features in your garden that
you really want to "pop."
Whatever the case, a well-chosen front door color makes an immediate impact, complementing a home's style and improving curb appeal.
Here are three tips on picking a perfect color for your front door:
- Start by understanding a few color principles: Color isn't as simple as picking a favorite shade or a lighter hue; there's logic and a bit of science to color selection. A good place to start when choosing the best color for your front door is the color wheel. General color schemes based on the color wheel include monochromatic (several shades of a single color), analogous (colors found side by side on the color wheel), contrast or triadic (three colors spaced evenly apart on the color wheel), and complementary (two hues opposite each other on the color wheel).
- Factor in your home's style and setting: Your home is also a good guide for what works and what doesn't when it comes to choosing front door colors. Take into account the materials, colors inherent in those materials, style, and surrounding landscape, among other factors. For example, a pastel hue might look out of place with the ornamentation on an English Tudor style house, while it may look charming with a simple brick ranch. Depending on its paint palette, a glossy black front door might not work when paired with a centuries-old Victorian home, while a Mediterranean-influenced design might feel perfectly in tune with a bright turquoise-color door.
- Use your front door to make an impact: Don't be shy or too conservative in this case. If you want to add charm and flavor, this is the place to do it. Remember also that your front door can be a tool that you can use to your advantage. Visitors use it for wayfinding. The color can help accent tones in the exterior or provide the finishing flourish to a design palette. The impact might be subtle or it might be more direct; it might also be formal or playful. Color also generates emotion, so think about how you want your guests to feel when they arrive. A brighter hue can offer energy to the front door, while a more subdued one plays up a traditional feel. A darker hue is more somber, a lighter one tends to be playful.
READ MORE >> BetterHomesandGardens.com: Best Colors for Front Doors
A.L. House Painting and Pressure Washing also offers staining services for decks, porches, patios, stairs and the house itself (interior and exterior). All your home renovation needs.
- Interior House Painting Services for Atlanta, Roswell, Alpharetta
- Exterior House Painting Services for Atlanta, Roswell, Alpharetta
- Contact us today for a house painting quote! Call 770-806-2447 or online
- Check out our Atlanta House Painting Services coupons!